Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What are my goals for a new year



I hope that you all had an amazing year. At first I would like to tell you what were my goals for this year.

At the beginning of 2014 I made a list of all the things that I wanted to happen and what I would do to achieve those things. Looking back at those goals, I can say that I accomplished almost all of them.

One of the goals was to study how to paint fur. In the beginning of the year I was drawing wildlife animals with pencils to learn how to make the proportions and the second part of the year I spent on learning and trying to figure out the techniques.



I even purchased an e-book from Jason Morgan. So if any of you are facing the same problem: how to paint animal fur, then I highly recommend this book. I found this e-book very helpful. I can't tell you how happy I was that I found that e-book!

Another goal was to start my own art blog. Actually I already had a blog, since 2011 but back then I didn't know how to use blogger. But in autumn I found some really good courses on udemy.com how to make a blog. Such a great site! After a lot of research and watching videos on udemy, I got my blog going.

I also wanted to educate myself and learn everything about business because I want to make my own art company. So I spent a lot of time reading different business books and there were also some great blogs that taught me what I need to know to make my own company.

And of course practising. I also started to paint with watercolors because I hadn't done that since I was a little girl and I wanted to remind myself how to do that.

The hardest part of the work was theme setting for the year but I finally did that after realizing how much I'm in love with African music and culture. So this is where most of my inspiration came from. I started painting African animals. At first I painted many animals with African landscape but then I wanted to make something different and started to make another backgrounds too.

For 2015..

First of all I will focus more on business. I'm going to perform my own company. And I will start selling my artwork online.

I also want to make a website for my artwork because every artist needs a website to show her artwork and get more exposure.

I am going to focus on learning more painting and drawing techniques. Because I still have so much to learn and I want to get better and better every day. So growth is very important!

"Growth isn't something that happens to you, you produce it"- Rachel Wolchin

I will finish the challenge that I started. 50 paintings in 1 year.

That's all I've got so far ( I'm sure I will come up with some new goals on the way) And I still need to sit down and set out some specific action plans.
I'm really excited already how the next year will turn out.

What are your hopes, dreams and aspirations for the year of 2015?


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10