Thursday, December 18, 2014

5 ways how I cope with artist block

As many of you might know and maybe have experienced, artist block is a worst nightmare for an artist, isn't it?
It usually comes when its least expected. Feels like you have lost all your inspiration but there are some ways to overcome it. I'm sure you have thought to yourself  "This is driving me crazy"
Over the time I have found some effective ways which have helped me to overcome it. And I would like to share them with you.

  1. 1.Often times I have started to listen to music and sing. Singing is something that I love and it really helps me to get the attention off the fact that I can't create anything at the moment. And it always makes me so so happy!
  2. The other thing that I like to do is yoga.  Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice or discipline that aims to transform body and mind. And after yoga I always feel less stressed and more relaxed.
    Sometimes I have got some good ideas during the yoga and sometimes after I have finished doing the yoga.
  3. Meditation is something that has helped me most of the time. Because during the meditation I quiet my mind, eventually reach a higher level of  awareness and calm. And after that I might also get some new good ideas and inspiration.
  4. Something that I have also found effective, is going for a walk or meeting a friend. Just to have a quality time with my friends. It makes me feel good and it might inspire me to create something.
  5. Challenging myself. In the summer there was a period of time when I didn't have inspiration at all. I was struggling a lot. So I came up with an idea to make 50 paintings in 1 year. This challenge has hold my mind busy most of the time. And I have more ideas.

I hope that you found something which could help you. Or if you have some great tips how you overcame artist block, then I would like to hear about them. Let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10