Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Painting #18


Tigers
Oil on canvas paper
Reference photo: Chris Allsebrook
50x65cm

After I finished my last painting I was planning to start painting 2 cheetahs but then I came across 1 really lovely picture on Facebook group:  Reference photos for artists 2. If you are an artist and are looking for reference photos for your artwork, then I recommend this group.
So I took my oil colors and started to paint. I was really excited because I hadn't  painted 2 tigers before.
As always, I started from the background. I painted the first layer with aqrylic color. I used Burnt Sienna to do  that.. Then I let the painting dry.
After that I started painting the tigers. Layers by layers I painted the tiger's fur. I started with the darkest  colors and with each layer I added more white to the colors. I wanted the fur to look as realistic as possible.
I also spent a lot of time painting the tigers eyes. I had watched many tiger eye painting tutorials and now I was trying to apply all the knowledge.


And here are some work in progress shots:



Painting the background


Painting the tigers fur with Burnt Sienna aqrylic color


Painting the first layer of the fur


Painting the second layer of the fur



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10