Saturday, December 6, 2014

Artist spotlight interview with Inaa Häggström Foose




The other day I got an idea that it would be nice to do something new and different and I decided to interview one talented artist: Inaa Häggström Foose.
The purpose of the interview is to get more exposure to an artist and that people could get to know her better.
Hope you enjoy!

  1. Tell me a little about yourself. What got you interested in art? Did you take any classes?
    My name is Lina, but my artist- and nickname name is Inaa and I'm currently 22 years old. I'm originally from Sweden but now live in Florida, USA with my husband.

    I first got interested in art when I was 15 years old. But after being put down by my own High School art- teacher once at a project I was working on I quit drawing completely. It wasn't until I was 17 years old that I said to myself that I needed a hobby, so I started painting on my spare time after school hours.
    And no I haven't taken any art-classes, but I would love to honestly.
  2. What is your preferred medium and why?
    I prefer mixed media. I often mix charcoal, chalk and soft pastel to get what desirable result I want. Sometimes it takes me minutes, or even hours to get the shades or blended colors I want. I like mixing because black charcoal gives me the dark depth I am looking for, and white chalk gives me the light tones.
  3. Do you have a blog or website where it would be possible to see your artwork?
    You can find me on:
    Facebook- www.facebook.com/InaaArt
    Blog- http://inaahart.blogspot.com/
  4. Where do you get most of the inspiration for your artwork?
    I can get inspired by photographs, a specific feeling I have, music and even other artworks from other artists online. I try to have a very open mind and look around so I don't get stuck or get sidetracked ( Which happens more often than it should in my opinion)
  5. What else do you like to do besides art?
    I really enjoy crafting, DIY's ( do it yourself) and photography. I wish I can get more materials for crafting and also save up for a better camera than the one I currently have- an advanced digital camera from the brand Olympus.
  6. Do you listen to music while creating art? If yes, then what kind of music?
    My music taste varies so often, it really depends on what kind of mood I am at the time. But mostly I like to listen to  Lindsey Stirling, Nightcore, Chillstep, and other melodic sounds when I am " in the zone". However it really depends on my mood haha.
  7. Where can people reach you if they are interested in commissioning work? And where else can people find you in social media?
    People can email me at inaaart@live.com, or visit my other Social-Media- pages.
    Twitter and instagram- @InaaHart
  8. What are those things you have learned as an artist?
    Be open minded to new ideas.
    Try look at different angles, so you won't get stuck.
    I've taken time to study paintings I've come across and tried to see how artists mixed colors or stroke with their paintbrush.
  9. What are you working on at the moment?
    I am trying to create a piece for an art-swap with a friend in England. But sadly I cannot share what it's I am having in the making in my drawing pad.
  10. What are your goals for the future?
    Try creating more art; I've been slacking for months lately due to private life. But I also want to be able to future my work at art-shows and galleries maybe. So I will continue to work my way until that happens. I want everyone from everywhere to be able see what I can do.
  11. Do you have any good ideas for emerging artists?
    I have three tips:
    1. Stay strong and do YOUR thing, don't let anyone else say what you can do and cannot do.
    2. Study techniques and ways to improve yourself as an artist. Books, videos or online articles are great ways to learn more.
    3. Have fun and stay open-minded.

    You can read Inaa's interview with me on her blog:
    Interview with Estonian-artist: Liisi Gordejev

2 comments:

  1. It was amazingly fun to do this collaboration with you. Thank you for interviewing me! :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10