Monday, January 12, 2015

Painting #20


Lion cubs
Oil on canvas paper
Reference photo: kridah-stock on deviantart.com
50x65cm

Maybe you've noticed that I haven't posted anything new for a while. The truth is, my laptop stopped working so I had to buy a new laptop,

Since I haven't drawn lion cubs before, I decided to give it a try. They look so lovely so I just had to paint them.
I started the painting with the background. First of all I painted the sky and then I painted the stone. After that I started painting the fur. I painted many layers so that it would look as realistic as possible. In the end I painted the trees.

I'm not very happy with the proportions so I'm planning on painting some more lions.

Many thanks to Krida-stock for reference photo.

And here are some work in progress shots:








No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10