Sunday, October 12, 2014

Painting #11



African landscape
Oil on Canson paper
50x65cm
SOLD


African music, African culture, arts and crafts fascinates me. I've wanted to paint African themed painting for a while. I guess the time just wasn't right.
One day while I was in my room listening some African songs, the light pulb went on and the African landscape painting was born.  I guess the right music plays a big part in my painting progress. I have had many times when music made me feel really good and inspired.
So the first thing that came to my mind, was beautiful African landscape, with warm colors and with 2 elephants. I started to paint. I was in a really good mood and excited about my painting. It took me few days to finish the painting.
One of my goal is to learn to paint elephants because I will certainly do some more African paintings in the future. So far this is my favorite painting.

Here are few work in progress shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10