Friday, October 10, 2014

50 paintings in 1 year

I have seen many artists doing the daily painting movement and I thought that I should also do something like this. I decided to make 50 paintings in 1 year.

The plan is to make approximately 3-4 paintings in a month. Some month even more, depending on the size of the painting and the difficulty. So I started the painting on the 10th of June.  The reason for this challenge is.-I'd like to grow as an artist. In other words my goal is to paint different things, hopefully get better and learn some new tehniques along the way.

This challenge also requires to be more focused and disciplined and I have to learn to manage my time better. Also this means that I will start posting here frequently and maybe I will overcome my writing block.
I look forward to this challenge and I hope that you enjoy following along.


So now is the time to present you the painting #1



The lonely tree
Oil on canvas
40x50cm


I wanted this painting to look dark and mysterious and I used dark colors to create it. I also learned that its very difficult to create realistic looking grass and tree. I will certainly try to improve my skills on those things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10