Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Painting #24


The beach
Oil on canvas
50x100cm

Inspiration is something that keeps me going. As I I'm planning new paintings, I'm constantly searching for new ideas to paint. 

The story behind this painting is.. I came across a website called stumbleupon.com. Maybe some of you don't know what this stumbleupon is all about. Basically its a discovery engine that finds and recommends web content to its users. It didn't take me long time to get addicted to it. I chose all the things that I was interested in and photography and art were some of those things that I wanted to find. I saw so many beautiful pictures of beaches and seascapes. I was so excited. And it all got me thinking.

I have been painting dolphins and I thought to myself " "Why not paint a beautiful tropical beach" You know these kind of beaches you see in the movies or the places where you have dreamed to go. The places which are on your "To do" list. And the water is beautiful light blue.

I have to admit I haven't visited places like this. At least not so tropical places. Right now I have 3 places where I want to travel. 
  • Zansibar
  • Bora Bora
  • Thailand- Koh Phi Phi
Sometimes I just like to look the pictures of these places. And this time I also got some inspiration and ideas for my painting. I also watched some Youtube videos to learn how to paint the clouds and the waves.

Finally I got into the action. I started to paint the sky and when it had dried, then I painted the clouds. And after that I painted the sand and the water with some waves. I'm quite happy with the way this painting turned out.
I will post some work in progress shots so you could see how this painting came together. You can also see the work in progress shots on my Twitter, Facebook and Instagram page.




I think there is nothing as relaxing as the sound of the waves. I could listen it for hours.

"It's hard for me to put into words why I like beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, almost like therapy, beach therapy"- Amy Dykens

I would like to know what you think about my painting.

You can also follow my blog on Bloglovin:

https://www.bloglovin.com/people/liisi6-11139073

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10