Thursday, February 5, 2015

Art groups

As an artist I have learned in time the importance of being a member of art groups. As though most of the artists tend to like more solitude, they still need the community. A feeling that you are a part of something bigger in this world. A place where you can meet people who have same interests and share the same passions as you.

It was 2013 December. I remember it very clearly,I was drawing and painting. I was happy. Yet I felt like there was something missing. By that time I  had found some art groups on Facebook where people could share their artwork and give feedback about other artist's artwork but mostly people just posted their artwork and that was about it. They didn't much care about giving feedback about other artist's artwork or just a simple "Like" which sometimes could brighten up somebody's day. There was something missing in those groups.

That was the time when I was browsing artwork on one of these art groups. There was a lot of nudity in this group and I was doing my best to still see the good sides of the group which were beautiful artworks of artists. And then it happened. I came across a post by Inaa Häggström Foose who invited all the girls to join her new art group Women's International Creative Group.

Women's International Group was created for girls and women only which means that nobody else can post to this group. It's a group where people can post all kinds of creative work and share it with other artists. Which include photography, craftings, artworks, music, writing and share tips and ideas.

In the beginning I decided to keep a low profile and observe to see what this group is all about and to understand the spirit of the group. It didn't took me a lot of time to realize that this group is full of beautiful, talented and friendly people. They appreciate each and every single member of the group. I felt the joy of recognition. Why? Because I felt like I had found a right group. A group that I had always wanted to be a part of.

And what I also love about this group. People actually give feedback about each other's artwork and they encourage and support each other on hard times. For sometimes some artists might get artist blocks or they might have some problems in life and feel like they want to give up. To quit art, for ever. But in this group everybody are always so positive and they encourage each other to not give up and try harder.

I'm so happy that I found this group. Thanks to this group I have been able to meet so many beautiful and talented people.
Here is a picture where you can see the admins of this group.



Another group that I recently found on Facebook is Lachri - Youtube art group. I found it because I had been following Lachri fine art page on Facebook for a while and then Lisa ( an artist behind Lahcri fine art) decided to make a group for artists. And of course I wanted to be a part of this group because I love Lisa's artwork and her Youtube videos.

This group was created so that people from Lisa's Youtube channel could have a place to share their artwork and ask advice from other artists. I can always learn something new by reading all these posts that discuss about a technique, medium and social media . People are really friendly and nice. There are also challenges for group members in every month.

Plus every week Lisa posts new videos on her Youtube channel and also shares them in the group with members. Those videos include painting critiques, speed paintings, speed drawings, tutorials, artist vlogs, tips, tricks and art advice.

I'm so happy that I found that artist and that group. I have learned so many new things and I have seen so many beautiful artwork.

You can see Lisa's Youtube channel here: 

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lachri

So these are my favorite art groups on Facebook. What do you think about art groups? Do you follow any?

You can also follow me on Bloglovin:

http://www.bloglovin.com/people/liisi6-11139073

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing, and we love having you as a member. Your posts are always warmly welcomed, and I know the rest of our members are happy to see and read your posts :)
    Keep it up and keep it coming! ♥

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10