Monday, January 26, 2015

Workspace

The other day when I was on Facebook, I got a really good idea that I should make a post about my workspace. I have seen so many beautiful and inspiring pictures of other artist's workspaces and that kind of inspired me to write that post.
I had a pretty good light in my room, so I decided to pick up my camera and make some photos to share with you.

You might think that most of the time artists have this huge art studio but its not always true. Leonardo da Vinci once said: "An artist's studio should be a small space because small rooms discipline the mind and the large one distracts it".
I totally agree. I personally work in my room. And so far I'm totally satisfied with the room that I have. Yes, sometimes I feel like I don't have enough room for all of my art supplies but it just requires organizing the things, you know?  I'm sure that most of the artists are facing the same problem.


Most of the time I draw at the table. Well, when I feel really comfortable then on my couch. I also have a molbert but I don't use it very often. Why? I have learned that when I paint about 3-4 hours in a day, then my lower back starts hurting me. And believe me, that's not a good feeling! So I prefer to sit and paint on the table.




Right now most of my art supplies don't have a really good place so I'm planning to buy some rolling shelves so that I would have more storage space for my supplies. I guess I should think what are those things in my room that are working and what are not working. Maybe I can even throw something out. I have learned that I tend to be more inspired when I can see all my art supplies.

So this is my workspace. Where do you work? Do you have your own studio?

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10